Thursday 4 December 2014

White Christmas



I still love the idea of a snow covered Christmas but the reality of cold slippery pavements holds no  joy (especially hazardous when I am still on crutches) ... but the White Christmas stamp set is my  a different matter altogether and has quickly become new favourite,...I LOVE it and  once I started I just could not stop using it.

It is perfect for creating cards that need to be flat for posting, depth and interest can be built it with the stamping.

In this first one I added the Santa sleigh from the
Holiday Home set


All of the cards were made using ink and sponges and marker for detailed colouring.

On the second one I went heavy on the kraft ink when stamping the snow to give a textured effect and I used a sentiment in the snow at the bottom.

I used real red cardstock to mat the snowy scenes to give it a bit of a pop in all of the samples here.

In the final card of the three I used a kraft card base, stamped the snow with white kraft ink onto the real red card and then matted the image onto red and popped it up with dimensionals. A star punched from gold glitter card finished it off.


I love how easy these cards were to make. the colouring is minimal - a little soft suede on the tree trunks, pumpkin pie for the carrot nose and a pop of chosen colour  for the  snowman scarf and hat. I opted for traditional red and green but you could choose anything at all to match your colour scheme.

I am horribly late making my cards this year but I have the perfect stamp sets to whizz through them in the next few days.

As always if you have any questions about any of the products or projects please do get in touch

Until next time,take care

Christa   xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment