Saturday 23 August 2014

Let Your Hair Down

 In my previous post I shared the swap card I made on the cards for men theme ....but there was a spot left over in another group so I  made this funny card using the hostess set  called Let Your Hair Down which has 5 styled sentiments

I will admit the inspiration for this came at the end of a crafting session and from the disaster zone that was my work bench. I had been using the fringe scissors on a garden themed card and had some 'grass' fringes  left over. ...and I thought  hair!  I thought green hair might be overkill, but once I had the basic idea down I set too with the black card and gave him a retro  hairdo.

There are always punched circles on my desk (I hate waste & so have small press seal bags of punch-outs ready for when I just need to grab and go) so the eyes were a simple punch n stick with some white gel pen to add a little gleam. I made bright bow ties from some embossed yellow card (from a previous project) & my little hair card was born...

I think this could make a great "punny"card for a teenage son...with the addition of the words son and...(heir)...  but for this one I decided to use the rocking chair image (You Rock stamp set)  inside the card,  along with another of the sentiment stamps from the Let Your Hair Down hostess set ... and this one says Never too old to Party!

This one also got the husband seal of approval... in fact I got the giggle seal of approval and he kept coming back and looking at it ...so I am guessing that would make it a hit!

It was a fun card to make and a great way of using up some of the product left on my desk after I'd finished making other projects.

As always if you have any questions about the process or the products or anything else that I can help with please do get in touch.

Until next time, take care,

Christa   xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment