Tuesday 12 January 2016

New Year, new catalogue, time to sale-a-brate

Life got in the way of creativity last year, but now we have a New Year and a fresh page to fill every day... and I plan to make the most of it.

As demonstrators we get to preorder  goodies before any new catalogue is released, but this time round circumstances had me waiting like everyone else...but my first lot of goodies came on Friday and I have been busy setting up my stamps and trying them all out.

I found it seriously hard to choose what  to buy and so I decided I  would let my husband pick for me.  To be honest I knew it wasn't that much of a risk because all the Stampin' Up! products are great and he has great taste anyway.

My first card shows that he chose the Rose Wonder stamp set bundled with the framelits. His reasons for this choice .. the pretty images and versatility of the matching dies and also the great sentiments that come with the set. For this card I stamped the rose and leaves by adding ink direct to stamp with my markers and then coloured them using ink and blender pen. I really liked the image as it was  when I stamped and coloured it, but of course I wanted to try the framelits too and so I cut the rose and leaves from a pearlescent cream card to compliment my very vanilla base card and adhered it over the top of the stamped image...and of course I loved that too.  Although the Rose Wonder set comes with lots of wonderful sentiments, he had also chosen the botanicals for you stamp set as one of the sale-a-bration freebies on my order and I was keen to try this out too. The finishing touches were the green and cream enamel dots left over from my Christmas crafting.

I enjoyed my first play with my new goodies and so far my husband has done a great job... What else did he order for me? That is for another post...

Until then, take care
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment