Friday 10 June 2016

Time of Year- Birthday


I have been so busy playing around with my newly delivered goodies from the new catalogue  and then I got a call to ask me if I could make a quick birthday card for a male recipient.... and as the new hostess set Time of Year was sitting on my desk it seemed silly not to use it... I only had a few minutes to make this card and so I quickly stamped the wording using dapper denim ink (my new favourite colour)  and I ink edged the edges of the panel with my sponge but I felt it needed a little something to brighten it up...so the next set on my desk was the new mixed borders and I realised I could  easily use that set to make a border around my wording (it comes with its own wording options too so it was a bonus that I could use it here too). I chose a red shade to lift it and then I spotted some of my retired designer series paper that would work perfectly... and within minutes was card was done, addressed and on its way...

While it is lovely to be able to spend a long time carefully designing and building a beautiful card with lots of details, sometimes it is just as much fun to rise the challenge and make something quickly that will still show someone that you remembered them...and of course if you don't tell them how long it took you, they won't know ...they will just be delighted that you made the effort to make something for them.

Until next time
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment