Sunday 1 May 2016

Papillon Pot Pourri

Butterflies...I use them all the time and I had the embossed flower (from flower patch set) sitting on my desk for ages after I changed my mind about a card I was making ...but if its good I don't throw it out and eventually the flower came into its own...

For this one I cut the yellow card at 14 x 14cm and I cut the green card at 14 x 11cm. On the reverse of the green card I drew a wavy line freehand and I cut this with a pair of scissors before running both halves through the embossing folder.

The two green sections were adhered to the yellow mat to form the base for the card. I stamped and punched the three butterflies out of the same yellow card and die cut the flower using the matching framelits..

I used  glue dots to adhere the butterflies and topped them with basic rhinestones. For the flower I cut a length of the silver thread and held it in place with a dimensional and then looped it three times before securing with another dimensional. I popped a rhinestone in the centre of the flower to finish.

Until next time, take care.
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment