Friday 4 July 2014

Busy waiting...

Today I am waiting for UPS to deliver my parcel and there are only many hours I can sit staring out of the window hoping to see a brown truck,  so  I decided to keep myself busy with one of my favourite new products from the new catalogue... The Blendabilities alcohol markers.

I was lucky enough to win a set of the Pumpkin Pie markers at the UK regional event in May and I have had plenty of time to play with them -mainly  using the Blended Bloom stamp (also in the new catalogue and also part of my prize)...  Blendabilities come in sets of three pens - a light , medium and dark shade of the set colour and you simply use them to create the blended effect you need.

Now there is this whole alcohol marker debate about whether you should start with the lightest shade and work in darker shades or start with the darker shades and work lighter...and the truth is it really doesn't matter. There is no right or wrong way...You just have to find the way that works best for you.

So previously I was concentrating on finding out which method worked best for me...  and then I started to wonder  what would happen if I used pens from two completely different sets? Would I be able to blend them or would the result be like a horrid muddy puddle (gasp!)

Happy to report that there was no muddy puddle...I used the flower shop and papillion pot pourri stamp sets to test this out and I used the coastal cabana and the rich razzleberry marker sets combined on both the flowers and the butterflies. Once they were all coloured, I punched them out and used them to make this project using the same colours of card and adding the banner framelits with the  sentiment from Perfect pennants and stamp set.


                                                                                                                                                                                       So the key points about the new Blendabilities

  • They come in sets of three shades of selected Stampin' Up! colours  (plus a skin tones set too)
  • They are double ended with a pen at one end and a brush at the other
  • They are square so they won't roll all over the place
  • There is also a colour lifter pen to help push colour around
  • They are to really easy to use
  • The caps are deliberately tight to stop the alcohol pens from drying out - always push them back on until you hear the click. 
I am sure once you try these you will love them. ..I know I do.

Until next time, take care


Christa   xx





No comments:

Post a Comment