Wednesday 30 July 2014

I Love Lace

I will admit that I overlooked it on my excited forays through the new annual  catalogue, but once the new stuff excitement settled a bit, I  realised  had to have it...and now its here. I Love Lace...
Its the gorgeous new lace background stamp on page 175.

It arrived in the same package as my new blendabilities  and I spent a very happy hour colouring blended bloom images  in each of the blendies colours - and two flowers I coloured in combinations just to see what would happen..and because I can!

Once I had coloured and cut out the blooms it made sense to use them right away and as the matching ink colours were right there on my desk I grabbed I Love Lace and set to work. Just minutes later and I had this cute little card completed.

The base card is baked brown sugar, the ink and blendies used were calypso coral. I used the owl punch and a scrap of gumball green card off my desk  for the leaves and  stamped the sentiment from Flower patch set in Mossy Meadow. The bloom itself is popped up on dimensionals. I kept this very simple but you could of course add other elements to bling it up if you wanted...and because you can!

 I chose to get this stamp in wood mount because I personally find background stamps are easier to work with in wood - I often lay the block stamp side up and place the card on the stamp and apply even pressure to the whole stamp using a brayer or sometimes I use the flat edge of my metal non slip ruler. It gets pretty much perfect results every time... and when I do take stamp to card, I find having the wood block gives me a solid base to apply the right amount of pressure needed to make sure the whole image comes out cleanly with no blurring.

I just know that this lace background stamp is going to prove really versatile and I expect to be using it in a lot of projects over the coming weeks.

Until next time, take care


Christa   xx

No comments:

Post a Comment